TitleScaling Down: The Miniature World of Dioramas
Over the course of a year, a small team of artists, writers, and scientists came together to create a diorama for a Field Museum permanent exhibition featuring 5,000 years of Chinese objects. As a self-initiated side project, I set aside time each week to document the meticulous production process.
The completed work, now in place in The Cyrus Tang Hall of China, demonstrates that the old-school craft of diorama making still holds tremendous power in museum storytelling and science communication.
- Music: Josh Beck
- Official Selection, 2016 Chattanooga Film Festival
- Official Selection, 2016 Middle Coast Film Festival
- Award of Merit: Documentary Short, 2016 Best Shorts Competition, San Diego, CA
- Remi Winner, 2106 WorldFest-Houston International Film & Video Festival
- Aloha Accolade Winner, Documentary Short Competition, 2016 Honolulu Film Awards
- Platinum Award, Documentary Short Competition, 2016 Oregon Film Awards